Date(s) - Thursday, September 17
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
Categories No Categories
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery Hosts the Twin Cities’ Largest Women in Beer Panel
WHAT: Panel discussion and tasting with Minnesota’s most influential female brewers
WHO: 8 Female Movers & Shakers discuss the business of brewing
WHERE: The Herkimer Pub and Brewery, 2922 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis
WHEN: Thursday, September 17th from 6-9 p.m.
The beer business has long been a male dominated culture, but more women are leading the charge in this exploding industry as the love for craft beer continues to soar in the U.S. On Thursday, September 17th, some of Minnesota’s most influential women in brewing will discuss the state of the industry for females, both nationally and locally, as part of a spirited panel discussion at The Herkimer Pub and Brewery in Minneapolis.
These trailblazers will share their insights into how they broke into a predominately “boys only” club; the challenges they face; whether there’s a glass ceiling and the best ways to break through
- Deb Loch: Brewer/owner, Urban Growler, St. Paul — The first exclusively female-
owned brewery in MN.
- Laura Mullen: Co-owner, Bent Paddle Brewing Co., Duluth, and former Coordinator,
MN Craft Brewers Guild.
- Kelsi Moffitt: Operations Director, Better Beer Society, Minneapolis, and Co-Leader of
- Tara Alcure: Upper Midwest Regional Sales Manager, Green Flash Brewing (San Diego)
and Co-founder of the Pink Boots Society MN.
- Jacquie Berglund: Founder and CEO, Finnegans Beer, Minneapolis —The first brewery in the world to donate 100% of their profits towards ending hunger.
- Amanda Buhman: Events Coordinator, One Simple Plan, MN Craft Brewers Guild.
- Rachel Anderson: Co-founder & Director of Marketing, Indeed Brewing Company,
- Rita Skamser-O’Neil: General Manager & Cicerone Certified Beer Server, The Herkimer Pub and Brewery, Minneapolis
The panel coincides with a kick-off celebration for the launch of a new Minnesota chapter of the Pink Boots Society. The mission of PBS is to empower women beer professionals to advance their careers in the beer industry by providing educational workshops and scholarships. Twenty percent of tickets sales will benefit the Pink Boots Society’s Scholarship fund.
Tickets cost $30 plus tax and will include beer samples and passed hors d’oeuvres.
To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.theherkimer.com/