Date(s) - Saturday, December 22
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Please join us for our first monthly social event of Flight with Bites, hosted by MN Beer Activists and Senor Wong Bar & Restaurant, with special guest Kevin Welch of Boom Island Brewery. Participants will be able to sample the current seasonal style of beer available from four different breweries and enjoy pairing those beers with foods in a fun, casual, and social atmosphere.
$25 per person (includes tax, tip and donation)
Saturday, Dec 22nd
- Featured Beer Style: Christmas/Holiday Ales
- Featured Beer Flight: Indeed Old Friend (MN) – A limited release Holiday Ale with fresh ginger root and a hefty dollop of family harvested honey. This fireside companion has a deep ruby-colored body with layers of malt complexity and an intense ginger aroma. Reunite with friends, old and new, and celebrate the season with an Old Friend by your side. 7 % ABV
- Bells Christmas Ale (MI) – A malt driven scotch ale, made with 100% Michigan grown barley and a blend of Pacific Northwest and Michigan hops.
Boom Island Yule (MN) – Yule smell the holiday spices before it hits the glass. Yule savor the rich, toasted malts and drink deep in the spirit of the season. http://boomislandbrewing.com/Yule.html
St. Bernardas Christmas Ale – St. Bernardus Christmas Ale is the youngest descendant in the illustrious family of delicious Abbey Ales by Brewery St. Bernardus. This specialty beer of 10% alc. vol. is characterized by its deep dark colour, with a creamy, thick head and a full, almost velvety taste with a fruity nose. It’s a seasonal ale, brewed annually for the holiday season. The long winter nights are perfect moments to savour this ale with or without friends and to enjoy its unique, complex taste and after-taste. RateBeer: 99
- Meet and talk to Kevin Welch, owner and brewer at Boom Island Brewery.
- Espresso rubbed lamb loin w/ mole
Pho soup dumpling w/ braised oxtail, onion, herbs
Crispy pickled red onion rings w/ adobo sauce and queso cotija
Impossible cake: cherry flan, chocolate cake, mexican chocolate pudding, dulce de leche powder, nuts
Please call for reservations. A credit card is needed to secure your reservation. 651.224.2019