Date(s) - Sunday, July 19
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Boom Island Brewing Company
Bigger and better than last year’s event, Boom Days 2015 will also feature music, several food trucks, a 5K running event, a Home Brew Competition, outdoor games like rolle bolle, demonstrations from Expertease Dance Studio, and special Sunday School Beer Education Class!
Cuvée de Boom is an unhopped confection that consists of 45% Pinot Grigio grapes and 55% Belgian style blond ale.
Last year’s Cuvee de Boom was a huge hit, and this year’s will be equally as special. A larger number of bottles will be made available to the public, but will only be sold on site during Boom Days. More details:
Cuvée de Boom – 10.5%ABV
Appearance – Fluffy white head which quickly dissipates into a light champagne like effervescent beverage.
Aroma – Light malt that interplays with white plum or grape aroma
Flavor – Smooth mouth feel from the wine morphs into a collage of champagne, a hint of plum, which lingers into an assertively dry finish.
FRIDAY, JULY 17th:
- 4pm: Boom Room open/House of Hunger Food Truck on site. Parking lot open for outdoor Belgian themed games, including Rolle Bolle, Sjoelbak, etc.
- 6pm: Cuvée de Boom release party and 750ml bottle blowout.
SATURDAY, JULY 18th:
- 11am: MN Brewery Running Series begins and ends at Boom Island Brewing Company. For information and to sign up, go to http://www.breweryrunningseries.com/
- 1pm: Boom Room open/ Duck Duck Gray Truck Food Truck on Site. Parking lot open for outdoor Belgian themed games, including Rolle Bolle, Sjoelbak, etc.
- 2-7pm: Full slate of bands including The Above Average Tuba Quartet, Blue Ruin, Martin Devaney, Southern Resident Killer Whales featuring Dan Hylton, Loons in the Attic and The Bill Patten Trio.
SUNDAY, JULY 19th:
- 11am: Boom Room opens early with Nate Dogs Food Truck on site.
- Noon: “Sunday School” Topic of the Sermon: “The Morals and Ethics of why one should drink Belgian Style Beer”
- 1pm: Tips and Techniques on brewing Belgian style beer at home
- 2pm: Home Made Belgian Waffle Demo and Sampling
- 3pm: Tips on Crafting your own beer tour of Belgium
- 4pm: Boom Island Brewing Company’s Boom Days Belgian Beer Competition Awards Ceremony